It occurs to me that Boris is answer to the Republicans' ongoing primary disaster. Boris for President. Let's look at the facts:
- He's been a very successful Mayor of London. If you like Mike B., you'll love Boris.
- He shares the Reps' visceral dislike of Obama, but his rhetoric is several notches up, since it is at least somewhat consistent with reality. (The colonial government in Kenya really did torture Obama's grandfather.)
- He's never been elected to anything in the US, so there's no pesky Senate non-career to explain away.
- Plummy English accent makes him a shoo-in to win debates.
- Natural born US citizen, unlike Cruz
- Much better hair than Trump.