- Check the label on the jar, to ensure that it says Applesauce.
NOTE: If the jar does not say applesauce, you can still open it, but it may contain something else.
- Place the jar securely on a table or counter
NOTE: A water-resistant non-slip surface is preferred.
- Grasp the jar firmly with your right hand.
NOTE: If you are left handed, you may instead grasp it with your left hand.
- Inspect the lid to ensure that the jar is still sealed, and that its security dimple has not popped up.
NOTE: If you or another person have opened the same jar on a previous occasion, you may skip this step.
- Grasp the lid firmly with your left hand.
NOTE: If you have grasped the jar with your left hand, you may grasp the lid with your right hand.
- In a smooth motion, use the pressure of both hands to rotate the lid counterclockwise while keeping the jar motionless..
NOTE: If you have grasped the jar with your left hand and the lid with your right hand, you may find it difficult to exert enough pressure in a counterclockwise direction. If that happens, you may release the jar and lid, grasp the jar with your right hand, grasp the lid with your left hand, and repeat this step.
- Continue rotating the lid to the left until it is free of the jar.
- When the lid is free of the jar, stop rotating, lift the lid off the jar, and place it upside down on the table or counter.
NOTE: Placing the lid upside down lessens the chance of spilling applesauce on the table or counter.
- When the lid is securely on the table or counter, let go of it.
- Let go of the jar.
- You may now use a spoon or other utensil to serve the applesauce. See Content farm: How to Serve Applesauce from a Jar
Tuesday, 3 May 2011
Content farm: How to Open a Jar of Applesauce
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment